Fire Risk Engineer
Work at FPC Risk as Fire Risk Engineer
- Get a job with a lot of variety, right in the center of current events around technology, safety, and sustainability.
- Work at a company packed with energy, connecting decades of experience with a pioneering role in its field. All while continuously striving for innovation to stay on top of the market.
- Gain access to flexibility, confidence, and real opportunities for professional success and development.
- Enter a close-knit team in a horizontal-structured company, valuing participation.
- Receive maximum flexibility and freedom in shaping your job, step into a custom-fit career trajectory.
- Enjoy ownership over your schedule, work-life balance, and mobility while planning your projects.
- Experience teamwork and mutual learning, trust, and support on both the technical and the human level.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- You assist the Fire Risk Consultant in implementing fire safety studies and risk assessments, such as national and international fire code analysis;
- You develop fire protection masterplans for refineries, petrochemical sites, and complex infrastructures;
- You draw up risk assessment reports;
- You create models for fire protocols and evacuations;
- You formulate budget estimates;
- You offer technical support;
- You engineer fire safety systems:
- by going on field-visits and system-tests;
- by conducting the hydraulic analysis;
- by formulating requirements around fire protection;
- by executing technical calculations;
- by assisting the designers;
- by following-up on the design;
- by preparing specifications and tender documents.
- You are fascinated by everything from fire safety and evacuating people, to the industrial field and atypical buildings. You also devote yourself to the technical and advisory framework;
- You have a master’s degree in Industrial Science, Chemistry, Energy, Fire Protection, Electromechanics, or a similar field of expertise;
- You are FPC Risk’s ideal candidate if your colleagues describe you as being:
- analytical and technical;
- practical and solution-oriented;
- communicative and precise;
- proactive and customer-driven;
- fluent in spoken and written Dutch and English.