Are you the engineer we're looking for? For our office in Belgium & the Netherlands, we are looking for fire risk engineers.
Work at FPC Risk as Fire Risk Engineer:
- Get a job with a lot of variety, right in the center of current events around technology, safety, and sustainability.
- Work at a company packed with energy, connecting decades of experience with a pioneering role in its field. All while continuously striving for innovation to stay on top of the market.
- Gain access to flexibility, confidence, and real opportunities for professional success and development.
- Enter a close-knit team in a horizontal-structured company, valuing participation.
- Receive maximum flexibility and freedom in shaping your job, step into a custom-fit career trajectory.
- Enjoy ownership over your schedule, work-life balance, and mobility while planning your projects.
- Experience teamwork and mutual learning, trust, and support on both the technical and the human level.
A day in the life of …
8.00 AM From the moment I open my laptop, my workday starts. I manage my e-mails, skim through my schedule and prepare for my first meeting.
9.30 AM Together with my colleague and fire risk consultant Kris, I leave for the Total Refinery in Antwerp. We start by evaluating and testing the fire water network before examining the new fire pumps.
11.30 AM Back at FPC Risk, I learn how to generate evacuation simulations for soccer stadiums.
12.30 PM During lunch, I love catching up with what my coworkers have going on.
1.00 PM My colleague Sam comes by to check out the results of some evacuation simulations. We present three new scenarios to him.
2.00 PM Throughout an internal meeting with our design engineers, we put the finishing touches on the plans and drawings of Shell’s offshore platforms in the North Sea.
4.00 PM There’s just enough time left in the day to follow design engineer Filip’s technical review meeting on the brand new standards.
5.00 PM After reading and answering the last few e-mails, I review tomorrow’s schedule before I leave the office. No traffic jams for me, as I use my electric bike to get home.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You assist the Fire Risk Consultant in implementing fire safety studies and risk assessments, such as national and international fire code analysis.
- You develop fire protection masterplans for refineries, petrochemical sites, and complex infrastructures.
- You draw up risk assessment reports.
- You create models for fire protocols and evacuations.
- You formulate budget estimates.
- You offer technical support.
- You engineer fire safety systems:
- by going on field-visits and system-tests.
- by conducting the hydraulic analysis.
- by formulating requirements around fire protection.
- by executing technical calculations.
- by assisting the designers.
- by following-up on the design.
- by preparing specifications and tender documents.
- You are fascinated by everything from fire safety and evacuating people, to the industrial field and atypical buildings. You also devote yourself to the technical and advisory framework.
- You have a master’s degree in Industrial Science, Chemistry, Energy, Fire Protection, Electromechanics, or a similar field of expertise.
- You are FPC Risk’s ideal candidate if your colleagues describe you as being:
- analytical and technical,
- practical and solution-oriented,
- communicative and precise,
- proactive and customer-driven,
- fluent in spoken and written Dutch and English.
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits such as a mobile phone, laptop, mobility package, car, lease bike over time.
- We offer a challenging career in an innovative company. Our company culture can be described as informal, pragmatic, positive and dynamic.
- Training on the job, you become a fire risk engineer by experience and via a mentorship program
- Real development opportunities within the job
- Variety in sector, location, and day-to-day activities
- Trust and ambition
- Open culture in body and mind